Friday 17 May 2013

May 16th, 2013

One Thousand Gifts

1. I felt very encouraged when I went for a run today. I've been putting off training for the race I am running and was nervous with how out of shape I would be. I was by no means fast, but I jogged straight for 20 minutes and I'm not sure I've EVER done that! :-)

2. Yesterday I was reading Deuteronomy as a friend and I read the same scripture every week and then talk about it. Today I was just reminded today of the fact that God does not hide himself from us, he wants us to know him. "If you look for me, you will find me, if you search for me with all of your heart". What a great promise he gives us!

3. Went for dinner with a former co-worker tonight and it was so nice, we didn't talk about our old job at all. Our friendship is now growing and we know enough about each other to let conversation just flow! It's so nice to have dinner with her once a month! 


No comments: