1. Today while serving in the NP nursery I got to chat with a couple that I haven't before. Quite enjoyed the opportunity to get to know someone new! Looking forward to having them for dinner and getting to know them more!
2. youtube... LAME I know, but today I used it to get my hairstyle and scarf tie right... Love that I can take these kind of ideas from people because I can't come up with them on my own.
3. For a while I've been feeling the urge that I need to be serving, doing something outside of my normal life. I LOVE being a mom and feel so fulfilled and like I am in the right place, but at the same time I see in the Bible where we are called to minister to the widows, orphans, the poor and needy, and I wonder what in the world I am doing to follow that command. Well, today in our church bulletin there was a little insert about a fundraiser for an organization in Calgary and talked about how they help people who are coming out of the sex trade to have healing and a healthy lifestyle. That has honestly been the thing that keeps coming back to my heart as I've heard more and more about it in the past months. I've done google searches trying to find Christian organizations that do this kind of thing in Calgary and I have not been able to find anything. Seeing this notice though got me really excited. So today I sent an email requesting information and how I can volunteer, I want to try and make it a weekly thing!
So I guess all that to say... Today a gift was the bulletin at NP that gave me the information I've been looking for and unable to find! I'll keep you posted on what this is going to look like!
Tired, annoyed kids! We had to run a quick errand right before bed and they were QUITE done!
1. The Rocky Mountain Bible College Spring choir concert. What an amazing treat to see this great concert! 2. Dinner out with my man soley bought with a gift card from Christmas and gift cards bought with Swag Bucks I'd earned a while back! 3. The car ride home after we picked up the kids from my in-laws after the concert. One of my favorite times with Riley is when she gets woken, if sleeping somewhere else, and then we drive. She always has the cutest responses and just is overly sweet!
Snack time with the kids... Can't tell that most of this time was full of screaming and fighting over who's cracker was who's.... But they just look so peaceful! :-)
1. A friend who texts me for a last minute lunch date! So appreciated that!
2. Tylenol - a headache has persisted throughout the day and I'm thankful for pain relievers!
3. A fun video message from my parents and brother from Universal Studios Singapore. They showed Riley around some Sesame Street stores and gave us a glimpse of their trip. Boy I'm thankful for technology!
1. So thankful he is growing and getting stronger. He loves to walk around now, but has this little swagger, it makes me laugh!
2. The look in his eyes that says how desperately he wants to be like his big sister and do what she is doing. I know there will be hard days with fights and bickering... But I pray they will be great friends.
3. The joy he has while having a bath. His eyes light up and he kicks like crazy. I love how little things bring him so much excitement.
2. A blog that I found. It gave me little hair, makeup, style tips and I feel good about how I look now. I know what appearance is not the most important thing, but I really enjoy being able to learn and try different things.
3. I'm beginning to spend time with a girl from church. We have been friends for a while but now we are starting a bible study/mentoring time together every 2 weeks. Looking forward to meeting and growing in our love for Jesus together!
1. A trike for Riley to ride, she had a lot of fun in the basement with it!
2. A family outing where we came across a Grand Opening for a Frozen Yogurt place, we got tons of free samples, smoothies, sandwiches... Got a whole free lunch! :-)
3. Chris is such an amazing dad. He gets on the floor and plays with the kids all the time. Tonight he was doing pushups with Jack on his back and Ri jumping all over him. I treasure these family moments!
1. Seeing Riley becoming so mother-ly to her animals and babies, today she fed her plastic peacock a bun from her kitchen and she took her baby walking. She also put all her stuffed animals in 'jammies' and put them to bed.
2. Cancelled plans - we were supposed to have friends for dinner and games but it just worked out that he had to work late. This was a huge blessing though because it has been almost a week that we have had a night just to us.
3. A video camera - I'm so thankful that we get to document our kids lives. I'm so excited we will be able to remember Riley's voice and the cute things she says!