Sunday 7 April 2013

April 7th, 2013

One Thousand Gifts

1. Today while serving in the NP nursery I got to chat with a couple that I haven't before. Quite enjoyed the opportunity to get to know someone new! Looking forward to having them for dinner and getting to know them more!

2. youtube... LAME I know, but today I used it to get my hairstyle and scarf tie right... Love that I can take these kind of ideas from people because I can't come up with them on my own. 

3. For a while I've been feeling the urge that I need to be serving, doing something outside of my normal life. I LOVE being a mom and feel so fulfilled and like I am in the right place, but at the same time I see in the Bible where we are called to minister to the widows, orphans, the poor and needy, and I wonder what in the world I am doing to follow that command. Well, today in our church bulletin there was a little insert about a fundraiser for an organization in Calgary and talked about how they help people who are coming out of the sex trade to have healing and a healthy lifestyle. That has honestly been the thing that keeps coming back to my heart as I've heard more and more about it in the past months. I've done google searches trying to find Christian organizations that do this kind of thing in Calgary and I have not been able to find anything. Seeing this notice though got me really excited. So today I sent an email requesting information and how I can volunteer, I want to try and make it a weekly thing! 
So I guess all that to say... Today a gift was the bulletin at NP that gave me the information I've been looking for and unable to find! I'll keep you posted on what this is going to look like! 


Tired, annoyed kids! We had to run a quick errand right before bed and they were QUITE done!


No comments: